Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This is How We Do It!





Hi Y'all! I think it's about time I get on the ball and finish posting our classroom tour! I rearranged my room from last year and have been so happy with how everything is arranged.



Here is a view of our room from in front of my desk. :)



Here's a view of our room from behind my desk. :)




This is our behavior chart. I love love love this behavior system this year! In years past, I used the stop light system of green, yellow, orange, and red. Students would "lose colors" for misbehavior. I just wanted to try something new! I saw this idea on Pinterest and had to try it!! Every child has their name printed on a clothes pin and starts the day on GREEN (READY TO LEARN!). Children can move up the chart for being "caught being good" or can move down the chart for misbehavior. When a student moves to YELLOW they receive 2 Seuss Tickets; ORANGE = 3 Seuss Tickets; RED =b5 Seuss Tickets and can receive random Seuss tickets. When a student goes down to BLUE, they have to give me 2 Seuss tickets; PURPLE = give me 3 Seuss tickets; BLACK = ALL Seuss tickets!

REWARDS (on Friday)
Having at least 1 Seuss ticket will entitle a student to FRIDAY FUN (which is free center time or special activity on Friday afternoon)

5 Seuss Tickets = Select a piece of candy out of the penny candy basket

10 Seuss Tickets = Trip to the Treasure Box

15 Seuss Tickets = Stinky Feet (Student gets to go all day without shoes on in the classroom)

20 Seuss Tickets = Teddy Bear Friend (Student can bring one of the classroom stuffed animals home or bring an stuffed animal from home to sit on his/her desk for the day).

25 Seuss Tickets = Switcharoo! (Student can trade places with anyone in the classroom (including the teacher's desk) for the entire day!)

30 Seuss Tickets = Hat Trick! (Student can wear a favorite hat or make a hat to wear in class for the day!)

35 Seuss Tickets = Lunch Buddy (Student can sit with any student (including another classroom) in the lunchroom) or Read to the class.

40 Seuss Tickets = Ms. Elkins's Special Treat (It's a SECRET!)

Any student that stays on or ABOVE GREEN receives a sticker at the end of the day.

I've been really pleased so far!! :)


This is our class schedule! I found these wonderful schedule cards at The First Grade Parade and think they are SO CUTE!



This is our MATERIAL MANAGERS chart. I made these using Dr. Seuss Graphics, the DOCTOR SOOS BOLD font, and my trusty laminator that I LOVE SO MUCH!! In our classroom, each table is named a team. Since I have 5 tables and I am using the Dr. Seuss theme, each table is named a Dr. Seuss character. We have the Cat in the Hat Team; The Grinch Team; The Horton Team; The Sneech Team; and The Thing 1 & 2 Team. Students from each team rotate to be MATERIAL MANAGERS. Which means this student will retrieve journals from the team basket or collect papers for that table, etc. It's been a useful management tool for me. The itty bitties like having the responsibility! :)



This is our STUDENT OF THE DAY and CLASSROOM JOBS chart.
The Student of the Day leads the class in line and is also the leader of the calendar time. He or she also gets the opportunity to bring a SHOW & TELL item on his/her day!

Our classroom jobs are
SUB/ BEHAVIOR CHART - This student will take the place of any student who is absent and do their class job. Plus, puts all the clips back on green on the behavior chart.

DOOR - This student will open/ close the door as needed.

TRASH - This student will dump the trash cans into the big trash can in the hall.

TABLE WASHERS - These students wipe their tables with a baby wipe at the end of the day.

SWEEPER - This student makes sure there is no large pieces of trash on the floor and uses the hand sweeper to sweep the carpet.



This is our BUCKET FILLERS board. This is where any sweet warm fuzzies about our classmates go and we get to share them. This idea was created after reading the BUCKET FILLER books.



This is our pencil swap area. Students trade a dull pencil for a sharpened one! :)



Our Classroom News Board....for Birthdays, Special Days, etc.


Our Classroom Mailboxes. This little thing keeps me organized! I don't know what I would do without it! Students put their S.E.U.S.S. folders in their boxes each day. I put graded work in their boxes each day. :)


Our Class Team Boxes. Journals, Workbooks, Books...are kept in these.


Our Math Meeting Board area.



This is our Reading area. Our Reading Focus Board is on the wall with weekly stories, words, etc. Our Workstation chart is here. This is also where our classroom library is.



Our Workstation chart. I use this for Reading and Math Bins. The first two pics are for reading. The last two are for Math Bins.


Our Smart Board & Workstation bins.


Our Class Computer Center.

I hope you enjoyed our little tour of our classroom! :) Hope you come by and see it for real soon! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment