Saturday, October 8, 2011

Apple Day 2011

To celebrate the end of our Apple Unit. We had our Apple Day on Friday, October 7. We had sooooo much fun!!



The day started with making Johnny Appleseed hats. Each child made a hat that resembled a cooking pot. Then they colored apples that read "HAPPY APPLE DAY" to glue on the hat.



Then I read them the story "The Little Red House with No Windows, No Doors, and a Star Inside".


We sang apple songs and I read some apple poetry.

Then we broke up into our Apple Stations where we got to ....

1. Bob for Apples
2. Make Apple Prints
3. Make a Beautiful Apple Craft
4. Pin the Apple on the Tree
5. Make Applejack Necklaces



At the end of the day, we got to taste some apple goodies! We had apple fritters, baked apple pies, apple butter, caramel apples, apple cake, and lots of fresh apples! Thanks to EVERYONE who brought the yummies!! :)


Not to mention that we made homemade applesauce in class.....


What a way to end a WONERFUL day!! :)

3 comments:

  1. very nice to see what you really teach to your studends...this is the best way to learn: doing it! greetings from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome teacher you are! I can tell that your classroom is a great place to learn! I love the stained glass apples! We will have to do those next year! I just stumbled across your blog and am your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me if you get the chance! I have TONS and TONS of *freebies*!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to your both! I love to teach and wish I had more time to blog about it! :)

    ReplyDelete