Thursday, September 15, 2011

Workstations Galore!

We have been busy as bees in our workstations this year. I just wanted to share some of the activities we have been doing! I've done literacy (reading) workstations in my classroom for 10 years. However, this is the first year that I have incorporated workstations with Math. We do "Math Bins" on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have Math instruction on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Reading Workstations
We have 7 stations: Word Wall, Phonics, Computer/ Smartboard, Word Study, Games, Spelling & Writing, Buddy Reading. Students stay in each station for 20-25 minutes before rotating to another station.

Here are some literacy stations in action:





In Math, we also do 7 workstations. Each activity is centered around the SOLs we are focusing on during the nine-weeks. Here are some of our Math Bins in actions:








So far, the firsties LOVE them! I love to look around the room and seem them working together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment